Occupational Health and Safety Policy
- Our Occupational Health and Safety Policies and Procedures are managed through a dedicated OH&S management system designed to minimize the risk of injury.
- Safeguard Locksmiths Company understands the health and safety of our employees, contractors and other visitors or personnel in the workplace is of paramount importance.
- Safeguard Locksmiths recognizes that it has a responsibility to ensure that it’s employees are able to perform their duties in an environment that is safe.
- Under no circumstances is any employee expected to perform any duty which is likely to cause injury or be hazardous to their health.
- Safeguard Locksmiths Company, employees, contractors and other visitors or personnel have a duty of care to OH&S work safety policies & procedures regarding their own actions and responsibilities at all times to beware of the health and safety of others.
- To minimize the occupational health and safety risks in the workplace policies and procedures are implemented, some of these include the following general information.
To comply with Australian occupational health and safety regulations and standards.
- Ensuring that all equipment and machinery when purchased that a major consideration to the product is the impact on occupational health and safety.
- Where an occupational health and safety matter is identified to exist a suitable process is designed to remove the risk.
- Where an engineering solution cannot be implemented, the appropriate training and operating procedures are put in place. Dedicated management system designed to minimize the risk of injury.
- Policies and procedures are established to ensure the safe operation of all equipment and machinery and all staff adequately trained to perform their duties in a safe manner.
- Where equipment is fitted with safety guards under no circumstances are they to be removed. No staff member is to operate any plant or equipment with any guard or safety feature removed or dis-engaged.
- Where licensing is required only appropriate licensed people will use any plant or equipment requiring such license.
- Where a health and safety issue arises reporting procedures are put in place to ensure the effective handling of the problem.
- All staff adequately trained to ensure that they are able to perform their duties in a safe manner and all training includes a component which includes OH&S safety.
- All staff to have appropriate safety equipment to perform their duties and this is worn at all appropriate times when required.
- Reporting procedures of occupational health and safety is to assure incidents are reported and resolved to ensure OH&S issues and problems areas are identified early and appropriate actions developed.
- Incidents identification and notifications may include any of the following: – an accident whether resulting in a injury or not, an injury caused by any task at work, any plant, machinery or equipment which is identified as defective or has had a guard or safety feature removed or disabled and any breach of any rule, regulations or other statutory requirement.
- Safeguard Locksmiths policy objective in dealing with our OH&S policy is to be committed in implementing and maintaining a high quality health and safety management system and consistently place it at the forefront of consideration, so it achieves its objective of the health and safety of all employees, contractors and other visitors in the workplace environment.