Safety Lockout Padlock Maintenance
- Over time, dust, particles and chemicals in the air settle on and in the padlock. They can create friction inside the precision locking and keying components and impede the opening and closing of the padlock.
- Annual cleaning is recommended. In particularly dusty or corrosive environments clean every three months.
- Clean the padlock body, then use pressurised air to blow out dust.
- Apply a greaseless ‘dry’ lubricant such as Selleys Eze-Glide.
- A very light spray of lubricant is recommended. Do not apply a heavy coat. Less is better. Insert key, open and close padlock several times to distribute lubricant. Wipe excess off key.
- NEVER use an oil or graphite for lubricant. Oil attracts dust. Oil can also interfere with the movement of the pins in the locking mechanism. Graphite is often applied in excess, which then interferes with part movement. ONLY use a ‘dry’ lubricant for best results.
- Regular cleaning and lubrication of your safety padlock will extend and ensure years of long life.
TRUST ONLY A CERTIFIED LOCKSMITH